Are you asking yourself, how will I rebuild my life in my 40s? You aren’t alone. This was me in September 2022. I sat down and created 40 empowering questions to ask yourself in your 40s on a blank piece of scrap paper. Today I am sharing these questions with you.
Rebuilding your life in your 40s requires you to first make the decision to commit to yourself, full-heartedly. Once I did that, I sat myself down and asked myself some tough questions with the intention of being very honest when it was time to answer. Which is a lot harder than it seems on the surface. Especially the questions I asked myself.
I did NOT hold back. You shouldn’t hold back either. Time to get super personal…with yourself.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS I’LL RECEIVE A COMMISSION IF YOU PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINK, AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ FULL DISCLOSURE HERE.
Article Quick Links
Let's Get Personal: 40 Q's
I’ve broken 40 empowering questions to ask yourself in your 40’s up, into groups of 10. I highly recommend taking your time answering these and being completely honest with yourself. Are you ready to jump in?!
- What are my short-term goals for these next few years?
- What are my long-term goals for this next decade of my life?
- Am I taking the time for myself and for my relationships that I NEED?
- What things do I need to do to create and maintain a healthy lifestyle?
- What have I learned in my life so far, that I want to pass on to my children and grandchildren?
- What things in my life do I currently find deeply rewarding?
- What do I value most in my life, right now?
- What experiences have I been through that have helped shape my life as I know it?
- Am I making positive changes in my life or do I feel completely lost and unsure?
- What do I need to do to be the best version of myself?
- What values and beliefs do I hold dearest to me, that I want to continue to focus on?
- What have I (honestly) learned about myself during my 30’s?
- What hopes and dreams do I still have for my life?
- What kind of relationships do I want to cultivate now that I’m a bit older and wiser?
- How can I be more intentional with my time, energy and home?
- What is the most important life lesson I have learned so far?
- What obstacles have I overcome that have ultimately made me a stronger person?
- What kind of legacy do I want to leave behind aka what do I want others to remember about me?
- What would I do differently if I could go back and start over?
- What do I need to do RIGHT NOW to feel content and more fulfilled in my life?
- What have I accomplished during my 30s that I’m most proud of?
- What’s just one thing I’d like to try for the first time, in my 40s?
- How can I use my experience and wisdom to make a difference in my community?
- How have my career choices evolved since my 20s, then my 30s and what new goals do I have?
- Have I taken time to appreciate the little things in life? I mean, really appreciate them?
- What have I done to invest in the most personal relationships with my friends and family?
- How can I make sure I’m making the most of my 40s?
- What activities can I prioritize and commit to, in order to stay healthy and active?
- What new habits or hobbies can I adopt to challenge myself to grow even more this next decade?
- What am I currently doing to make sure I’m living a life of purpose and joy?
- What fun, new and exciting goals do I still want to achieve in life now that I’m 40?
- What new projects can I take on to challenge myself and expand my world a bit more?
- Are all my current relationships, from aquaintence to closest ally, making my heart happy or are they creating negative emotions within me?
- Am I making the most of my time and resources in order to reach my new life goals?
- How can I use my experience to mentor and help others who could benefit from hearing my story?
- What new skills can I develop to stay competitive in the job market?
- What values and principles are most important to me and how can I live by them, without fail?
- How can I create a deeper connection with the people who I deem most important to me?
- What daily activities or maybe a new hobbies can I participate in to make my life more enjoyable?
- What steps can I take to ensure my financial security for the future?
Looking For Something Empowering To Read?
A must-read (or listen if you love audiobooks) is The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life. It’s highly recommended by LOTS of people for a reason.
Utterly Life-Changing For Me
I'm now on this incredible life journey to get to know myself more intimately and celebrate all the things about myself that I truly never let another fully see, my entire first 40 years of life.
And this blessing started with these 40 questions.
I hope you feel inspired to ask yourself these things and build the life you want and need to make your heart happy and fulfilled. You deserve nothing less.
Save 40 Empowering Questions To Ask Yourself In Your 40s For Later
Did you know – By pinning this article to your favorite Pinterest Board, you’re helping Girl Planted reach new eyes. I really appreciate this kind gesture that takes just a few moments of your time and would give you a virtual hug if I could!