Have you ever tried almond butter and jelly overnight oats? Giiiiirrrrrllllllll.
Dessert oats that are also healthy keep me on track in my get healthy journey. Just sayin’.
If you’ve visited me before, you know that SIMPLE recipes and easy to make meals are my FAV. Instant oatmeal packets are my secret weapon to staying healthy, saving time and actually enjoying what I’m eating.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS I’LL RECEIVE A COMMISSION IF YOU PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINK, AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ FULL DISCLOSURE HERE.
Article Quick Links
Make Almond Butter And Jelly Overnight Oats With Me
A source of fiber and protein that will keep you full all morning AND tastes like dessert? Almond butter and jelly overnight oats are a great way to start your morning off right!
Typically people use A Peanut Butter And Jelly Combination for Oats
I don’t blame them, really. Peanut butter and jelly overnight oats are a delicious and healthy breakfast option that is quick and easy to make. Almond butter and jelly, in my opinion are much healthier and taste just as amazing! I highly recommend swapping regular ole’ peanut butter for Justin’s Almond Butter. It’s one of my favorites on the market right now!
Almond Butter Vs Peanut Butter
Almond butter can be a great substitute for peanut butter in many recipes. In my opinion, it has a slightly nuttier taste than peanut butter while keeping that creamy texture I’m used to with peanut butter.
It’s also higher in healthy fats, protein, and fiber than boring ole’ peanut butter, making it a healthier option.
When using almond butter as a substitute for peanut butter in overnight oats, it’s best to add something sweet as well (especially if you are used to regular peanut butter and are just now swapping the two). Your tastebuds may need a little time to adjust!
If you’re used to sweet peanut butter, try adding a banana or a preserves like this one to your almond butter. You’ll thank me later.
5 benefits of almond butter vs peanut butter
- Almond butter is higher in Vitamin E than peanut butter. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps protect your cells from damage and is important for healthy skin and eyes.
- Almond butter is higher in healthy monounsaturated fats than peanut butter. These fats help reduce bad cholesterol levels and can help protect against heart disease.
- Almond butter is lower in calories than peanut butter, making it a healthier choice if you’re trying to watch your weight, like me!
- Almond butter is a good source of magnesium, a mineral important for strong bones, healthy blood pressure, and proper muscle and nerve function.
- Almond butter is free of trans fats, which have been linked to an increased risk of heart disease.
Are you convinced to give ’em a swappity swap yet?!
Why do I love these Overnight Oats so much?
The combination of creamy almond butter and sweet jam preserves makes a classic flavor combination that you can enjoy without the guilt. The oats provide a good source of fiber and protein to keep you full and energized all morning. The overnight oats, soaked overnight in almond milk (or even soaked for just an hour or two) also have a nice creamy texture that makes it feel like a treat.
I also have a sweet tooth. It screams at me ALL the time. Super annoying, but also awesome. Ya know?
A Secret Weapon Ingredient To Sweeten This Recipe Without Sacrificing Taste Or Calories (Optional)
I’m talking about using one tiny little scoop of KOS Organic Coconut Milk Powder mixed in with your oats and almond milk, before popping it into the fridge to soak.
Holy shit! It’s GOOD. No; It’s fantastic!
This container lasts me forever and I can use it to sweeten my morning coffee, afternoon tea or my overnight oats.
KOS Organic Coconut Milk Powder is a sugar free coffee creamer powder that is Vegan, Keto and Paleo Friendly.
You have to try this! Yes, I’m being bossy.
Just make sure you mix it well with whatever liquid you’re using FIRST. I just use a milk frother to get that job accomplished.
What type of instant oatmeal packets should i use to make healthy overnight oats?
This might be the question I’m asked the most when I tell people I have a food blog dedicated to oats. I mean, after they scrunch up their faces and give me a weird look, of course.
I always recommend finding oats that are quick-cook, have a short ingredients list and can be a power-punch of healthy. For these reasons I personally use Better Oats Steel Cut Instant Oatmeal with Flax Seeds the MOST. I’m obsessed with these.
Why steel cut oats with flax seeds?
Steel cut oats with flax seeds is a great choice because it is packed with nutrients and vitamins that can help to keep you healthy and FULL.
It is a good source of fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, zinc, and iron. It is also low in calories and fat, making it a great option for those trying to maintain a healthy weight (or lose weight like I currently am)!
The flax seeds also add a nutty flavor and crunch to the oats, making them tasty and nutritious no matter whether you’re having a savory oatmeal dish, a dessert or breakfast!
Almond Butter And Jelly Overnight Oats
Small Mason Jars For 1 Serving Size
Steel Cut Instant Oatmeal Packets With Flaxseed
Organic Coconut Powder
- 1 Instant Oatmeal Packet Of Choice
- 3.5 fluid ounces Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3g (Or full scoop) Organic Coconut Milk Powder
- 17g Almond Butter
- 10g Walnuts, Chopped
- 20g Strawberry Jam / Preserves / Jelly
- Sprinkle of Nutmeg
- Start out by prepping your overnight oats! I use a small mason jar and airtight lid.
- Add almond milk and coconut powder (optional, but highly recommended).
- Mix the two ingredients well. I use a frother.
- Add the oats.
- Close lid tightly, then shake the mason jar well.
- Place in fridge anywhere from 3-72 hours.
- When your oats are ready: Place oats in a separate bowl
- Add Almond Butter, Walnuts and Strawberry Jam
- Sprinkle nutmeg for taste (optional)
Almond Butter And Jelly Overnight Oats
Serves: 1 Person
Amount Per Serving:
1 Small Mason Jar
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||35.4%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g||13.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 23g||92%|
|Vitamin A 0.0mcg||Vitamin C 0.0mg|
|Calcium 259mg||Iron 2mg|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
By Bri Alli
Save This Delicious Almond Butter And Jelly Overnight Oats With Instant Oatmeal Packets Recipe For Later
Did you know – By pinning this article to your favorite Pinterest Board, you’re helping Girl Planted reach new eyes. I really appreciate this kind gesture that takes just a few moments of your time and would give you a virtual hug if I could!